About Rolex Watches
Rolex Watches- All You Need to Know
In the world of luxury timepieces, one brand stands head and shoulders above the rest – Rolex. Renowned for its unparalleled craftsmanship and precision, Rolex offers an extraordinary lineup that caters to a wide range of preferences and styles. Among its iconic sports models are the legendary Submariner, GMT-Master II, Explorer, and Daytona. At the same time, those seeking a more formal touch can opt for the Datejust and Day-Date (also known as Presidential) models. For discerning collectors interested in pre-owned Rolex watches, Platinum Times is one of the most reputable and well-known companies dealing with all-watch brands. Thus, we provide authentic timepieces with a 15-month warranty, original papers, and premium white glove service.
Rolex Watches’ Collection- Latest Releases and Discontinuations
Recent years have witnessed some remarkable releases from Rolex, drawing attention from watch enthusiasts worldwide. Notable mentions include the Batman and Pepsi models, introduced in 2013 and 2016, featuring Cerachrom bezels for enhanced durability and allure. The Rolex Daytona also received a significant upgrade in 2016 with a ceramic bezel, adding to its already legendary status. To delight its admirers, Rolex ventured into the world of vivid colors, taking inspiration from the vintage Stella lacquered dials of the 1970s. The result was a vibrant array of options, including striking blue, green, orange, and pink dials. However, as with all things cherished, some models like the Rolex Hulk Reference 116610LV and Rolex Smurf Reference 116619 have been discontinued, making them highly sought-after treasures for collectors. As of 2023, the Rolex Milgauss has also joined the ranks of discontinued models.
The Rich History of Rolex Watches
The roots of Rolex date back to 1905, when a visionary 24-year-old named Hans Wilsdorf founded a distinctive watch distribution company in London. His vision was to craft wristwatches that amalgamated luxury with precision, delivering a reliable and sophisticated timekeeping solution. By 1919, the company’s growth prompted a move to Geneva, Switzerland, further cementing Rolex’s position as a trailblazer in the watchmaking industry. Over the years, Rolex has achieved remarkable milestones, introducing the world’s first waterproof wristwatch, the “Oyster,” in 1926 and the revolutionary self-winding wrist chronometer with a date window, known as the Datejust, in 1945. The brand’s journey continued with developing specialized tool watches tailored for professionals engaged in diverse activities such as diving, aviation, and more, resulting in iconic models like the Submariner, Explorer, and Cosmograph Daytona.
Understanding Rolex’s Materials and Terminologies
Rolex’s reputation for excellence extends to its use of proprietary materials, each serving a distinct purpose in its timepieces.
- Oystersteel – Introduced in 1985, Oystersteel is a remarkably resilient and corrosion-resistant steel now widely integrated into Rolex’s diverse model range.
- Everose Gold – In response to the surging popularity of pink gold, Everose Gold is an exquisite alloy comprising platinum and copper, lending it a heightened brilliance.
- Cerachrom – Known for its remarkable durability and color retention, Cerachrom is Rolex’s cutting-edge ceramic material predominantly used for creating bi-color bezels.
- Chromalight – Making its debut on the Sea-Dweller in 2008, Chromalight is a luminescent material that offers a captivating long-lasting blue glow in low-light conditions, activated by exposure to UV rays.
- Rolesor – Rolex employs the term “Rolesor” to encompass their captivating two-tone watches, irrespective of the specific combination of materials.
Rolex Bracelets & Clasps
Rolex presents a captivating array of bracelets and clasps, beautifully designed to cater to a diverse range of styles and functionalities:
- Oyster Bracelet – Tracing its origins back to the late 1930s, the Oyster Bracelet stands as a stalwart in Rolex’s collection, crafted with robust metal and flaunting flat three-piece links. This versatile masterpiece graces various Rolex models, effortlessly embracing sporty and classic timepieces.
- Jubilee Bracelet – Embodying the essence of comfort and elegance, the Jubilee Bracelet boasts supple and comfortable five-piece links. Introduced alongside the Oyster Perpetual Datejust in 1945, this bracelet marvelously complements the sophisticated aura of this iconic watch.
- President Bracelet – An epitome of exclusivity and refinement, the President Bracelet features semi-circular three-piece links, first showcased on the prestigious Oyster Perpetual Day-Date in 1956. This exquisite bracelet elevates the aura of luxury timepieces to new heights.
- Pearlmaster Bracelet – Radiating sophistication and grace, the Pearlmaster Bracelet showcases rounded five-piece links, making its grand entrance in 1992, tailored exclusively for the Pearlmaster models. Its allure accentuates the elegance of these distinguished timepieces.
- Oysterflex Rubber Bracelet – Forging ahead in innovation, Rolex unveils the Oysterflex Rubber Bracelet. This groundbreaking creation melds the comfort of a rubber strap with the reliability of a metal bracelet. This avant-garde design incorporates a superelastic metal blade, culminating in a flawless fusion of form and function.
Popular Models by Rolex Watches
Rolex has a wide variety of watch models, each designed for different lifestyles and preferences:
- GMT-Master II – A strong and accurate watch for pilots, known for its colorful bezel options like Pepsi, Coke, Batman, and Root Beer.
- Submariner – The first waterproof diver’s watch, setting the standard for reliability with popular models like the Hulk and Kermit.
- Daytona – A stopwatch designed for professional racing, it’s Rolex’s only chronograph model.
- Datejust – A classic and wearable watch celebrated for being the first self-winding waterproof wristwatch.
- Day-Date – The first waterproof watch with a calendar that shows the full day of the week on the dial, often called the “Rolex President.”
- Oyster Perpetual – The original waterproof wristwatch, available in various sizes and with the well-known “Oyster” case design.
- Sea-Dweller – One of Rolex’s most advanced dive watches, including the Deepsea version that reached the deepest part of the Mariana Trench.
- Explorer – A tough and easy-to-read watch created as Rolex’s ultimate watch for field and exploration activities.
- Air-King – A tribute to early aviation exploration, with a distinctive black dial and large numerals on current models.
- Yacht-Master – An elegant sports watch with a unique bezel that can be turned in both directions.
- Milgauss – Specifically designed to resist strong magnetic fields, originally made for professionals working in such environments.
- Oysterquartz – Rolex’s only collection of quartz watches, produced from 1977 to 2001.
Today, Rolex is recognized worldwide, crossing boundaries and cultural barriers. It has become a symbol of luxury, offering timepieces that exude exclusivity. Wearing a Rolex watch clearly expresses one’s appreciation for refinement and opulence. With a Rolex on your wrist, you display a sophisticated sense of style and a deep admiration for the unmatched craftsmanship found in the finest mechanical watches worldwide.
Buying a new Rolex watch, like a new car, can lead to a quick drop in value once you wear it. But with pre-owned Rolex watches, you can avoid this initial drop in value. In fact, these watches often maintain or even increase in value over time. Some models, like the Rolex Submariner, have become highly sought-after by collectors, increasing their worth. Another great reason to consider buying pre-owned is the wide selection of Rolex models available, including those that are no longer sold as new. At Platinum Times, you can find watches in excellent condition, expanding your choices beyond what’s available at new watch stores. Plus, with pre-owned Rolex watches, you get access to the entire history of their production, which is a valuable advantage.
At Platinum Times, we take the luxury watch industry seriously. Our pre-owned Rolex watches go through a careful evaluation, authentication, and restoration process to meet the manufacturer’s high standards. This ensures that the value and history of the watches stay intact. Only after this thorough process, we include them in our collection of pre-owned Rolex watches for sale. We proudly offer guaranteed authenticity and a fantastic selection of these beautiful watches. If you want to learn more about our dedication to quality and authenticity, take a look at our collection.